A Nigerian driver has met an untimely death after suspected cultists stormed his house and executed him in shocking style.
A
78-year-old man, Pa Daniel Irabor, has related how he pleaded with the
killer of his son, Samuel, to kill him instead of his son, PM News has
reported.
The
man’s son, 41-year-old Samuel Irabor, was killed by two gunmen at about
11am last Thursday at his residence at house 9, Eguavoen Lane, off Odeh
Street, Upper Siluko Road, Ogida, Benin City, capital of Edo State.
He
was a commercial bus driver and was washing clothes at the back of his
house when his assailants attacked and opened fire on him.
It
was gathered that the deceased​ ran into the house with the bullet
wounds​, hid under his mother’s bed as the gunmen chased, dragged and
shot him the second time again.
“When
I heard the first gunshot I ran out of my palour, I saw blood stain in
my passage. Thanks, a young man with a short gun ran into my passage, I
stood in the door to my wife’s room.
“I
begged the gunman to just kill me and leave my son, he pushed me away
from the door, dragged Samuel who was bleeding and shot him again.
“Then,
another boy with a gun entered, he said: ‘you sure say he don die?’ I
told him go and check whether he is still breathing, they left,” the bereaved septuagenarian related to journalists.
The
bereaved father who said he could not say who was behind his son’s
murder, however disclosed that the deceased had a quarrel with a boy he
could not give his name at Ring Road, about two months ago.
It
was gathered that the lifeless body of the victim was later taken to an
undisclosed hospital mortuary by operatives of Ogida Police Division.
The
Spokesman of Edo Police Command, DSP Moses Nkombe, who confirmed the
killing, said it was cult related and called for information that would
assist in tracking down the perpetrators.

0 comments: